Bob Bates runs a pretty good racket. He lives in Virginia, but has a second "location" (really just a rented desk in someone else's mortgage office) in Baltimore, MD. He has a detailed website listing all of the wonderful services his "company" offers to home owners looking for a property manager to handle the rental of their home. Don't believe it!

Bob Bates, under the guise of Progressive Properties, will get your personal accounts transferred into his name, harass your tenants, charge you obscene amounts of money for services (such as home inspections and maintenance) that he has quoted at much lower rates & then try to also charge your tenants for the very same services. He also either lacks math skills or is consciously running a scam, as he not once paid me the correct amount owed after collecting the rent & deducting property management & other fees. He refuses to take responsibility for his own mistakes, instead referring you to his vendors (to whom you have no relationship) for resolution. At the same time, he has his vendors under confidentiality clauses, and they refuse to give you any details of the services they rendered for fear of being sued.

When my tenants had issues needing immediate attention, Bob Bates ignored their calls & said that they did not attempt to contact him. He also ignored my multiple attempts to contact him on their behalf.

Bob Bates is only concerned with putting money in his pocket & not at all with being the "top property management company that you can rely on" as stated on his website. He still owes me nearly $2000 that he refuses to pay.

Based on my experience, I would NOT recommend this "company" to anyone looking to rent their property or to tenants looking for a place to live. Save yourself a big, BIG headache!

Doing business in VA & MD:

Website: http://www.progressive-properties.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ppropva?

LinkedIN: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=1437209

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Progressive-Properties/106503006609

Had an Experience with Progressive Properties?

Comments

I completely agree.

Property owners BEWARE, you have been warned!

#419907

Progressive Properties has been in business since 2004 and we the top management company in the city. We offer services other management companies do not in order to provide the best possible service for our owners.

We not only live in the city but we have an office in Federal Hill in Baltimore, MD.

Inspections are critical in actively managing your property and makes sure your property is maintained properly. Several inspections are done throughout the year in accordance to local codes by our Professionally Licensed Inspectors to provide you with detailed reports with pictures, appliance inventory, and the condition of your property room by room to better protect the owner.

Everyone of our vendors goes through our extensive and comprehensive vendor application and screening process to verify each of our vendors is licensed, insured, and qualified to do the work. All of our vendors are also required to sign an agreement with us prior to any work to make sure the work gets done properly to help you get the maximum return on your investment.

From day to day maintenance to capital improvements attention to detail is necessary. Minor issues are addressed early to make sure they do not to escalate into critical problems and to make sure a small problem does not escalate into a large problem and depreciate your property over time. Capital Improvements are managed closely and inspected at each phase of the project, including two owner...

Our management software does all the calculations for amounts due and paid and match the terms of the agreements and industry standards. This software allows the owner and tenant to login and view the ledger, statements, agreements, leases and work orders.

All properties are managed according to the signed management agreement by both parties and in accordance to local tenant-landlord laws, which requires us to best serve the tenant.

Visit us on BBB with our A+ rating.